Pi Mu Epsilon is a non-secret organization whose purpose is the promotion of scholarly activity in mathematics among students in academic institutions, and among the staffs of qualified non-academic intsitutions. It aims to do this by:
- electing members on an honorary basis according to their proficiency in mathematics
- by engaging in activities designed to promote the mathematical and scholary development of its members, and
- by taking any other measures that will futher the purpose stated above.
- Overall GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.2.
- The following courses must be completed: Math 1571, 1572, and 2673 (Calc 1,2 and 3) -or- 1585H and 2686H (Honors Calc 1 and 2).
- Additionally, One upper division course must be completed, and a GPA of 3.6 must be earned in your math courses. -or- Two upper division courses must be completed, and a GPA of 3.2 must be earned in your math courses.